Monday, November 15, 2010

There's a reason I'm guarded.

I've had several instances in the last couple of months where people have become upset with me and have decided that the best way to clarify their anger is through text message, e-mail or Facebook message. Not only is this completely cowardly, it is also pretty disrespectful to me as a human being with feelings. Please, feel free to phrase things any way you want to because there couldn't possibly be repercussions to you typing hateful, mean things, because it's e-mail and you can just claim it was mis-interpreted. Well, friends (and no longer friends), here's what I want to say to you. It is not your job to teach me lessons. It's not your job to point out my flaws, as I could certainly retaliate and tell YOU everything that I dislike about YOUR personality...but I don't. Because I know what my faults are, thank you very much. And instead of pointing fingers, you should be looking in a mirror.

This song says it all.
King of Anything

In the future, you can call me and we can talk about things. Or we can have coffee and you can vent. But please don't hide behind your computer screen and let your anger and fingers do the dirty work.

As my mom says, "You have to be a friend to have a friend." Lucky for me, I have enough friends that want to BE friends, and that I want to be there for. You are no longer included in that. Have a great life!

2 comments:

  1. WAS JUST LISTENING TO THAT IN THE CAR! LOVE IT!

    I just stumbled upon your blog in my nightly Facebook/world update before I get back to my schoolwork.

    Just wanted to say "Lauren you are so hilarious and witty! I heart you and everything that comes out of your mouth or through your fingertips!"

    Done :)

    Oh and p.s I have never read or commented on a blog in my life. Way to be my first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the entire album. I have a serious lady crush on Sara Bareilles.

    Thank you so much for the kind words. NOW, GO DO YOUR SCHOOLWORK. :)

    ReplyDelete