Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving...




A dear friend of mine always posts notes on her facebook page giving daily thanks giving for her life. This has always inspired me, and in light of the upcoming holiday, I would like to give some thanks of my own. It's more like a life Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for my family. They really are the best family ever. My mom is my best friend, my dad is my logic (and my landlord), my sister is my life coach and personal stylist, my brother is my fun. I know no matter what they are there for me. Both of my siblings have chosen amazing partners for themselves, and though I pretend to hate Nick, I don't. Amanda is my graphic guru and is so much fun to be around. I miss the craziness that my extended family can get into around the holidays, and can't wait for the 4th of July, as you know I will be there and I'll be practicing my volleyball skills until then.

I have great friends. I know a lot of people say that, but it is completely, 100% true. I have had some rough patches in the last couple of years, and they have all been there for me, in one capacity or another.

Jen Furman is the older sister I never had, and I'm thankful for her wisdom, butt-kicking, and mommy inspiration. Jesse Furman is the normal big brother I never had. Their beautiful son, Miles, is a light in my life. Lisagaye Tomlinson is a wonderful, talented, beautiful woman who inspires me to be just like her. Nathan Glynn is my go to for new culinary experiences and for deep thoughts. Danielle Bouloy is my chat buddy, someone who is always there for me when I need 3 hour long phone conversations(at the peril of cranberries everywhere.) Joy Lynne Groover makes me feel beautiful with her camera lens and is the strongest person I know. Maria Konrad and David Jarrell are my go to date nights, and my movie night pals who I can't wait to see get married in two months. Susan Fulks and Erica Sugar Phillips are the women I would love to steal their talent from, and are strong women who kick butt and make me want to as well.

Lori J Hunt is the woman who I know will get me back on track when I am feeling off with her humor and knowledge of who I've been and who I am. Bailee DesRocher is an amazing friend, artist, and comedian who I want to be when I grow up. Afton Palmer is always there with a story and goofy voices. Jay Barwick is my oldest friend, and he and his wife, Jaime, are people who I am glad have stayed in my life for the last 9 years. Sam Waters is the one who is always there with encouragement and a witty comment. Emily and Stephen Pogozelski are brand new friends who remind me that love is real and that life is meant to be enjoyed to the fullest.

There's more, but I'm at work and should probably do something. :)

1 comment:

  1. <3 <3 <3 I'm thankful that we somehow managed to find each other! :-)

    ReplyDelete