Monday, November 8, 2010

A rebirth...

Recently, I decided to change my life. I was unhappy. Really, really unhappy. So, I cut ties to all the things that were making me unhappy and decided to start over. I've done this a couple of times in the past...an abusive relationship helped me move to KY and start working for a theater up there. A medical malady made me leave that theater and move home to sunny South Florida (and after 3 winters I was about ready!!) Now, I have quit my job with an improv troupe that I had been working for for 3 years to try and make my own way in life. It's terrifying. I felt safe there for these last few years, but I realized I was never going to get the fulfillment out of it that I desired.

So, here I am. 29 years old, living with my parents again after rent on my beautiful apartment was raised and my salary was not. I am single but dating. I have baggage like anyone else, so my guarded area is both my heart and my naughty bits. I have no artistic outlet at the moment other than singing occasionally at cabarets and the weddings of friends (and of course, in the shower.) I write things down that I think might entertain people, but have yet to attempt an open mic night. I am working on a comic book with a friend, but that is at a standstill while she makes a life in LA and I work 40 hours in Florida. I am at a standstill. But I am living a very full life and have a lot of ideas and opinions. So, here's my blog. If no one reads it, fine...but it'll be a place I can vent and hopefully, entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment